International Etchells Class
New South Wales Championship
26 - 28 February 2016
From Lake Macquarie Fleet Captain, Greg Payne
Come and enjoy good sailing, friendly atmosphere and lots of post race stories. Look forward to seeing you here.
From LMYC Commodore, Bill Chaseling
Lake Macquarie Yacht Club takes great pleasure in inviting all International Etchells to enter the 2015-2016 NSW State Championship. Lake Macquarie Yacht Club has a long history of running Etchells One Design class racing, both in our usual weekly races and State and National Championships. Belmont Bay on Lake Macquarie is arguably one of the best sailing venues you can race on, having flat water and being close to the ocean, we enjoy consistent sea breezes with no tidal effect. The State Championship is to be run on the last weekend of February 2016 and this is also the last weekend of ‘Lakefest’, a week of boating events on Lake Macquarie. Come along and enjoy the hospitality of our 'club over the water'. Enjoy the beauty and pleasure of sailing on Belmont Bay and help make this Championship one of your great memories.
- Invitation to compete
- Enter Online
- Notice of Race
- Notice of Race - Amendment 1
- Sailing Instructions
- Sailing Instructions - Amendment 1
Contact regatta organiser, Greg Payne, if you're keen.
Social Events & Catering
- Breakfast - Club Restaurant, Salty Dog
- Lunch - Available at Salty Dog
- Post Race - BBQ Saturday & Sunday
- Squid's Ink Motel (closest) ph: 02 4947 7223
- Aquarius Motel ph: 02 4945 9899
- Lakeview Motor Inn ph: 02 4945 2847
- Belmont Pines Caravan Park ph: 02 4945 4750
- Belmont Bay View Caravan Park ph: 1800 802 044
- Best Western Plus Apollo International ph: 02 4943 6733
- Warners at The Bay ph: 02 4956 6066
- Raffetys Resort ph: 02 4972 5555
- Gear & dock boxes - Can be left on the marina near your boat or on your trailer.
- Trailers - Visiting crews can leave their trailers at the club.
- Bob Fussell Marine - Sailmaker and Chandler, Michael Babbage, will be on 24 hour call. Mobile: 0425 244 008
- Shipwright Simon "Sly" Smith - Will be available 24/7. Mobile: 0412 500 424
25 February 2016
10:00 - 17:00 Registration & Weigh-in
26 February 2016
08:00 - 10:00 Registration & Weigh-in
10:00 Skippers Briefing
13:00 Race 1 - Warning Signal
27 February 2016
Post Race BBQ
28 February 2016
17:00 Presentation & BBQ
Fleet Captain & Organising Officer
Phone: 0408 095 015
Kevin & Ross Wilson
Principal Race Officers
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Bob Fussell Marine
Simon Smith Shipwright Services
Would you like to sponsor the event? Get in touch with Greg Payne on 0408 095 015.